Sunday, December 28, 2008

Tidings from California

We (my parents and I) arrived in California on Friday night (super late), got all settled, then went to bed. It was a very long drive, but I was fortunate that it was the day after Christmas, so I had lots of literature to tie me over :)

Speaking of... Christmas! It was fantastic! I'd say my favorite gifts were my super cute black boots, my awesome and useful knives, which came in a case that doubles as a cutting board, my three "complete works" books, bringing me up to five total (Shakespeare, Douglas Adams, Lewis Carrol, Poe, and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle). They look so great next to each other. Also my super cute bookends made by my talented sister, and the super cool 3-D cookie cutters that Kristi brought to the Maroney exchange (when I make them, I'll take pics and post them).

Anyway, first day in California was fantastic. We went to the beach, which is always fun. Then for lunch we ate at this mexican food place that puts guacamole on everything, but had really good fries. Then we came back to Nick and Lindsay's for a while, I read, others napped, I napped a bit too. Then in the evening we had potato soup and watched mixed nuts. Today was also great, we went to the Aquarium, then walked along the street that was lined with all kinds of fun shops. We found Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. and ate there for lunch. Then we walked for a while again, and then came back and watched Bones (again I napped and read for a good portion of the Bones-watching). And now, we are making dinner, and will probably watch Bones or something else for the rest of the evening.

Other updates - I finally got a picture of me and Justin! So now you can all see what he looks like. Also, just to note, I was wearing my new boots in this picture, which have about a three to four inch heel. And he's still that much taller than I am :)
Other than that, not much to say. It's been a super fun trip thus far, and looks to continue as such. If I knew how to make one of those photo videos, I'd put up my pics from the trip, but it's too much effort to upload them all onto the blogger website. So, use your imagination. Or, if you really want to see them, teach me how to get one of those video things. :)
Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I just thought I would let you know that I have read your blog and love it. That I miss you, but that I'm glad that you are having fun in California. And that I think it's cute that you smile everytime you mention how much taller Justin is than you. :O)Oh yeah and most importantly I want you to know I love you lots and think you are a great sister-in-law, but really I just think of you as my little (big) sis. :O) See you when you get back, Sarah :O)