Sunday, October 12, 2008

Catching the Bouquet

So, yesterday was Roy and Kerry's wedding. It was good, but it was very weird seeing my dad up there being a minister. There was dancing, and I had a blast with Jenny. We played "find the color". There were these two disco ball type things, and so we had to find a certain color and try to stand on it. And then Jenny did her first ever line dance, it was a pretty simple one, just walk left, then right, then kick, then turn. She enjoyed it, and it was so fun watching her. Then, Kerry threw the bouquet, and guess who caught it? Well, not so much catch, as go over and pick it up. She threw it a bit far, so it was behind everyone, and I was on the side, so I could go around the little pillar and get it. So, it's official, I'm going to be the next one to get married. Haha if only that could be true.

In my last post, I mentioned being obsessed with Nerdfighters. And Lindsay asked me what Nerdfighters are, and I'm sure she wasn't the only one wondering. Well, it's actually very random, but I'll explain. There are these two brothers, Hank and John Green, and they decided to go for an entire year without any textual communication. So they make video blogs every weekday, alternating days. So like, on Monday Hank with make a vlog, then Tuesday John with respond to it, then Wednesday is Hank again, then Thursday is John, etc. And in this vlogging, they came up with Nerdfighters. There was this arcade game in an airport John was at called Nerdfighters, and he wondered if that meant they were nerds fighting, or if they were fighting against nerds. Well, if you watch any of the videos, you'll see very quickly that both brothers are incredibly nerdy. So, they decided to become "nerdfighters", nerds who fight. And what did they decide to fight against? WorldSuck. The sucky things in the world. It's all just kind of them being silly, but it's really entertaining. If you're interested, you can go to http://www.brotherhood2.com/. It's just another way for me to procrastinate doing my homework :)

Anyway, updates on writing I believe are in store. So, as you know, October is 30X30 month, and one day writing I stumbled on a plot. So, this might turn into a project for the rest of the year (meaning not November), because I really would like to see this finished. I've been working on it throughout November, I'm not sure how many words I have, because a lot of it is handwritten, and I haven't had a chance to type it all up yet. Once I do, I'll let you know. But it's shaping up pretty nicely. And I think I've decided that for November, I'm going to start cold. I'm going to sit down at midnight on November first with no plot in mind, and just start typing. It's more fun that way. :) Plus I requested November first off work (it's a saturday, I work saturdays from seven to twelve), so that I can stay up and start at midnight, and then use the whole day to get ahead on word count. And, just a warning, most of what I talk about for November will probably be novel related. That's just how I roll.

This week are midterms for dance, and they will be taped. So, when I get the url for it, I'll put it up here so you can all see me be graceful and elegant. Oh wait, it's latin, so, you can all see me bust a move! :)

Anyway, hope you all have a great day! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Haha, congrats on the bouquet!

I had the same question about "nerdfighters" thanks for the clarification!

Good luck for your writing!