Thursday, November 6, 2008

Incredibly morose

So, all this crap is keeping me from both studying for Latin and working on my nanovel, which is no bueno, because I'm actually really stressed about the test and the test I have next week and the fact that I have a work meeting the night before... stupid work... and I'm just really stressed about the remainder of the semester, because there's a lot to do in a little time.
But, I cannot go without speaking, because it will just stress me out more.
I read Lindsay's blog today, and almost cried. Within my own family, there is so much hurt and anger, and I just wish people could be more accepting of each other. I enjoy being able to talk back and forth with all of you, because I see some of you so infrequently, it's nice to know what's going on.
So I plead with everyone who reads everyone's blogs. Can we just leave this all behind us? Can we just move on, acknowledge that we have differing points of view, and go back to loving each other? Because I love all of you. You're my family, and you all have traits that make me love you for who you are. And politics will not change that. We are all entitled to our opinions, yes, and we are all entitled to voice them. But is it worth it to do so, when it is tearing us apart? As a family, as a country? My opinion is no. And so, I am renouncing the discussion of politics on my blog, and I hope we can all get past this and move on. Because it makes me sad that all of this has happened, and I hope I have not hurt anyone's feelings, and if I have, I'm sorry, and now let's discuss other things.

On the note of other things: current word count: 9,505! Still on track! Because I haven't finished writing for today. Holy cow, I'm supposed to be almost a fifth of the way done? And I only just barely started chapter two! I think my novel is going to be longer than the goal of 50,000... :D
Also, I've officially registered for spring classes: eng 200, eng 213, world geography, college algebra, and French 111. I'm excited for french! I was looking, and I'm considering a minor in french, because I would only have to take like, three extra classes, and I really do miss french. And it's also significantly easier than latin.
Also, I'm really really tired... too many nights of little sleep...
Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

All I've ever wanted was to focus on the positive, I just really said it wrong I guess. Everyone is feeling really down about this and I'd like to just move on like you said. I am not tied to Obama so much as tied to a fresh start and a new sense of purpose which McCain was perfectly capable of bringing as well. Ugh. I don't know how people make careers out of politics!

I am so proud of you and your novel! Can't wait to read it and I wish you good luck on your tests!

Kristi Tolman said...

Did I miss something? What happened that got everyone so upset!?

I for one am just glad that the election is over so I won't get any more political telemarketing calls or have to watch any more deceitful policital ads. Fortunately the eight channels that work on my TV didn't show a lot of ads to begin with!

I vote we all turn our attention to the upcoming holidays! This is my favorite time of the year!!

Hats off to the novel writers. I think we all look forward to reading them.