Monday, April 19, 2010

Summer Time

So, I finally know where I'll be for the summer! Mostly.
Justin got the job, he'll be working for Blue Sky Pest Control, selling pest control services door to door. It will be hard, and highly commission based, but there's the potential for a lot of money by the end of the semester. We both feel really good about it, so we're excited to see how that pans out. We'll be moving to North Phoenix/Glendale area. The company suggests an apartment complex for us, but it's pretty pricey, and they only reimburse about 70% of the cost of the rent there, so we've been looking around at other options. It's hard to find places that are not too expensive, but still nice, and have a 3 month lease option. We've found a few online that we want to look at, so we'll probably spend a day up there scouting things out.
We also want to see if we can find me a job while we're up there. It would be hard to commute several days a week, especially to a job I'm not all that fond of. So, we're hoping to find me something up there, probably just part time, just enough to keep me busy and bring in a little extra income.
Another exciting thing: I applied to be a writing tutor for fall semester through ASU, and on the application they said they'd only contact me if they wanted to set up an interview. Well, guess who has an interview scheduled for this Wednesday? It's only 50 cents less an hour in pay than I'm making now, I wouldn't have to drive from our apartment to work, then to school, then home every day, it would all be at ASU, and I think I'd like it a lot more. So, hopefully that goes well.
Things have been pretty exciting around here. Hopefully everything turns out as great as we want it to. We just have to make it through the end of the semester, finals, and packing.
Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Sounds like you have a lot to do in the next few months.